/ Por /   Turf / 0 Comentarios

History of the Hipódromo de San Isidro

The Hipódromo de San Isidro, owned by the Jockey Club, was inaugurated on December 8, 1935. It is undoubtedly one of the largest and most important in America, and is located 22 kilometers north of the city, in the Party Of San Isidro, Province of Buenos Aires, occupying an area of 148 hectares.

Its lawn track, suitable for fastest and showy races, is 2,783 meters in length by 45 meters wide, and it allows to dispute tests of thousand meters without elbow. A diagonal offers the option of running without any curve to one thousand four hundred meters. The prolongation of the opposite straight makes it possible to run races of 2,400 meters with a single elbow.

The sand track, inaugurated on October 1, 1994, has an extension of 2,590 meters with the main elbow, while with an internal elbow its track is reduced to 2,200 meters. The width of the track is 31 meters, allowing the participation of up to twenty-four copies per race. Built with cava sand, its consistency is extremely agile and elastic.

The surface covered covers 32,000 square meters, of which 5,000 correspond to the Official Tribune, 2,000 to the Professional, 7,000 to Paddock and 18,000 to the general tribunes.

With a capacity of 100,000 spectators in the six stands, the attendance record was achieved on the occasion of the Carlos Pellegrini Grand Prix of 1952, when 102,600 people attended.

Read more at: https://www.hipodromosanisidro.com/institucional.php

COMPARTIR

Dejar un Comentario